Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Deer in the Headlights

Now I know what he feels like.

Tomorrow my older daughter and her four children, ages 10, 8, almost 5, and almost 3 arrive.

I am trying to be ready. Last year, I was very organized but I discovered that with four young personalities, there are no guarantees that plans will be successful. This year I am not organized, and I'm hoping that if I have enough of the basics (snacks, toilet paper), all will go well.

Baxter has no idea what he is in for. He has never been around children en masse, so watching him adjust, if he does, should be interesting.

Poor Baxter?/Happy Baxter? Time will tell.

2 comments:

hokgardner said...

I'm feeling the same way with everything that needs to be done around here.

Susan said...

Sometimes the best plan is to wing it!