Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Rosebush by Any Other Name


might be a blueberry bush? 

Yup.

Remember last year? When deer ate my roses and my blueberry bush? No? Well, they did. 

However, a couple of weeks ago I found a bush growing that looked for all the world like a blueberry bush---but it had this tag on it:



Queen Elizabeth?  A rose?


I kept watching and watching and last week, I found these:



Self-proclaimed gardening genius that I am, I identified these as blueberries, NOT roses!

I don't know why the rose tag is on my blueberry bush. 


And I don't know why I HGTV hasn't contacted me about developing my own gardening show...  


2 comments:

Jono said...

Maybe they are Queen Elizabeth blueberries. Keeping the ditch donkeys (deer) out of the garden is a daunting task.

Onevikinggirl said...

Blueberries! Lovely. Can they live in a pot? Sounds like another wonderful plant I can fail to grow on the balcony.